Long Island, NY
- Her birthday is October 15
- Abby currently lives at 1206 McLelland Road two doors down from Kristy Thomas and right next to Tabitha Porter (Morbidda Destiny).
- She narrates books: #90, #96, #104, #110, #116, 121, 127, M#23, M#28, M#35
Abby's hair and eyes are deep brown, almost black. She has long thich hair so curly it is almost in ringlets. She wars glasses or contact lenses. She is nearsighted. She has a pointy face.
She has a wild sense of humor, which grows on you. She tends to wander off when she's not the center of attention. She's a good mimic. Abby likes to Jam to Aretha Franklin. She is into environmental issues. She is one tough cook, she stands up to Kristy and is as firm in her opinions as Kristy is. She loves jokes especially puns. She is a cooks using the every pot in the house method.
Abby is a natural athlete. She's the assistant coach of Kristy's Krushers. She plays on the soccer team. She can run miles when not practicing soccer to keep her competitive edge. She's great at skiing. She plays softball in the summer. She likes to bike, run, and plays tennis. Abby is dedicated to having fun.
She is Jewish and must learn some Hebrew for becoming a Bat Mitzvah. She can speak a little Yiddish.
- To be outside
She moves to Stoneybrook from Long Island. Abby's father was killed in a car accident (he was hit by a dump truck and died instantly) when Abby was nine. She remembers finding out about the accident in school. After her father died it felt wrong to laugh and to be alive, until one day she found herself laughing and realized it was okay. In Long Island the middle school principal had a British accent, a huge pot belly and a tendency to twist his hair into knots whenever he spoke.
She was the star forward, leading scorer, and co-captain of the soccer team They had a housekeeper in Long Island. Used to go up to Lake Placid every winter to Ski.
As a child, their mother did not allow Abby and Anna to play with their food.
When the BSC took a cross country trip (Super Special #14), Abby chose to visit Graceland. Going to the Grand Canyon (Super Special #14 BSC in the USA) made her very sad at first because her family was supposed to take a trip out there, but her father died a few days before the trip, so it never happened.
She does not like Valentines day. Gordon Brown used to like her, because he thought she was Anna. Abby wakes up to the Elvis Presley radio. She met the queen of England and stepped on the prince's toe. Because of that, she was in a magazine. She was in a sunscreen commercial.
In Abby the Bad Sport, she played on a soccer team partnered up with disabled kids. One of her good friends outside of the club is Erin. In Long Island, her best friend was Elvira. She was in the Girl Scouts until her dad died. She has a couch in her bedroom.
Abby has many allergies and often jokes that, "Life makes me sneeze." She counts on outgrowing many of them when she's older. Her allergies are always worse in times of stress and hay fever season. Her allergies and medical conditions includes:
- Asthma: she has gotten used to it, often looks worse then it is. She has two inhalers, a regular one and an emergency one. Abby's had a couple of attacks before but nothing that couldn't be fixed in the emergency room.
- Allergies include:
- Kitty litter (but not cats)
- Feathered pillows
Baby-Sitting and Club Experiences
She joins the BSC and is officially welcomed. Abby takes over as Kristy while Kristy is in Hawaii. In her own way she is as dynamic and persuasive as Kristy.
She goes to Stoneybrook Middle School and in the eighth grade. She is in Kristy's English class. She calls the school bus the "wheeze wagon." She plays on the soccer team with her lucky pair of cleats. She has Ms. Frost for math. Abby is suspended for three days after inadvertently obtaining a copy of the math test before the exam. Ms. Bernhardt is her social studies teacher and in Stacey's class. Abby doesn't try hard but is always the best in gym class.
She dresses as Lucy Ricardo for the SMS Mischief Night Masquerade.
- Before Abby and Anna were introduced in book #89, the 'Name the Twins' contest was held to determine their names.
- Before the twins' official names were chosen, they were called "Lucy" and "Ethel" in drafts of upcoming books
- According to Ann M. Martin's Dear Reader Letter for book #90 Welcome to the BSC, Abby!, Abby was created to be Jewish and a twin because many readers had asked for a character with those traits.
- She owns her own skis.
- Her Hebrew name is Avigail.