Amanda Delaney is an eight-year-old who formerly went to Stoneybrook Day School. Her younger brother is six-year-old Max Delaney and a member of the Delaney Family. She lived across the street and one house over from Watson Brewer on McLelland Road until she moved away with her family to Lawrenceville, CT after her father got a new job.
On the cover of most books she has long blonde hair.
Amanda and Karen Brewer were good friends. Her bedroom closet is bigger than Karen's little house bedroom and she has many toys. Amanda can sometimes come off as snobby when talking about her house. Her bedroom has thick pink carpet and a big bed with a white lace canopy. She has a Peter Rabbit lamp with a pink shade that matches the carpet in Karen's Good-bye.
Amanda and Karen once made the washer at the Delaney house spew suds all over. They also once tried to rearrange all of the library books in alphabetical order, and both incidents were mentioned in Karen's Good-bye.
She entered her cat in the BSC pet show. She and her brother often invited friends over to their pool, and it made many fake friends in Poor Mallory!. No swimming is allowed in her pool when the babysitter is there. She wears a green bikini sometimes.
Amanda and her family moved away in Karen's Good-bye.
In Karen's Bully, Amanda stays with Karen when she invites her over. Amanda does not get along with Melody Korman because of everything the Korman Family changed in her old house. She also really misses Stoneybrook and her old friends making her lash out. Amanda, Karen, Hannie, Nancy, and Melody get into a fight but make up at the end of the book.
- Karen Brewer (although Hannie Papadakis considered her a mortal enemy).
- Maria (lives on the same street)
- Angie (formerly #39)
- Cici (#39)
- Meghan (#39)
- Aggie (new neighbor in LS#19)
- She and Karen like to play Lovely Ladies and go diving in her pool (LS#19)
- She also has a piece of her "Mommy Blanket" and a Peter Rabbit lamp that she treasures (LS#19)
- Amanda is the one that invented the Lovely Ladies game Karen plays.
- Her aunt Gayle sent her an ugly orange sweater in Karen's Good-bye.
- She keeps a diary in Karen's Good-bye.
- She likes baseball but not enough to join a team in Kristy and the Walking Disaster.
- She's aware that she's bossy since it's given her trouble before and tries to over come it in Poor Mallory!.
- Amanda went to Mr. Peabody's School of Dance and Charm sometime before she moved. It was mentioned in Karen's Tea Party.
- In Karen's Kittycat Club, Hannie mentions she has piano lessons.
Amanda is played by actress Kimberly J. Brown. She is only in the episode The Baby-sitters Remember (TV episode). Here she is portrayed as a brunette, but just as snobby as her book counterpart.
Amanda is portrayed by actress Lia Frankland as a brunette like the 1990 series, but also wears glasses unlike her book counterpart.