General [edit | edit source]
The family might have been alluded to in Claudia and Mean Janine and Claudia and the New Girl. In Claudia and Mean Janine, Claudia dials the phone too quickly and a voice says Arnold residence on page 45. In Claudia and the New Girl, on page 93 a man had called asking for a sitter for his twin daughters and they were new clients. Kristy Thomas mentions that they've been sitting for Marilyn and Carolyn before appearing in Mallory and the Trouble with Twins.
Marilyn and Carolyn are eight year old identical twins who used to dress alike. They take tennis and gymnastics lessons and turn their basement into a mini gymnastics centre. Mrs. Arnold throws herself into the holiday season and makes tons of cookies. They don't subscribe to cable-movie channels.
Family [edit | edit source]
Extended Family[edit | edit source]
- Mrs. Arnold has a sister mentioned in Claudia and the World's Cutest Baby.
House[edit | edit source]
The twins bedroom was split into identical halves until Mary Anne suggests that they have separate rooms.
The Arnolds' house is always well decorated for Christmas and other holidays. Their Christmas tree looks like something out of a picture book in Stacey and the Mystery at the Empty House. There is a piano in the living room.
The basement is unfinished with wooden steps going down It has cinderblock wall and a concrete floor with exposed pipes hanging from a low ceiling in Mary Anne's Makeover. There's a door to the basement from the outside. One time Marilyn got locked in the basement and Logan had to help her out in Jessi's Baby-sitter.
There's a tv in the parents bedroom in Claudia and the World's Cutest Baby. Marilyn and Carolyn use to watch scary movies so the baby-sitter didn't see them watching.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Aunt Elaine and Uncle Frank gave the twins jump sticks for their birthday.
- Their father, Jack reads The Time Machine to Carolyn.
- The family participated in the Run for Your Money event in Dawn's Big Move.
- Family rules include no scary movies or sweets before bedtime in Claudia and the World's Cutest Baby.
- Their phone number is similar to the phone number to Chez Maurice in Claudia and Mean Janine.
- Either Jack or Linda (or both) participates in the Battle of the Bakers in Claudia and the Recipe for Danger.
- They give out rice krispie treats for Halloween in Dawn and the Halloween Mystery.