Robert "Bobby" Gianelli is second grader in Ms. Colman's class at Stoneybrook Academy and a classmate of Karen Brewer. Bobby is the elder sibling of Alicia Gianelli and a member of the Gianelli Family. He is a recurring character in the Baby-Sitters Little Sister and The Kids in Ms. Colman's Class series, but only a minor character in the Baby-sitters Club series. Bobby lives down the street from Karen and Nancy Dawes on Forest Drive as of Karen's Bully.
Appearance and Personality
He is usually confident, fearless, and in the early books was a bit of a bully. He calls himself very stubborn in Karen's Ice Skates, where he mentions that he might have gone on the ice even if Karen told him otherwise.
Bobby is shown to be a bully throughout some of the earlier Baby-Sitters Little Sister books. For instance, a couple of kids such as Sara Ford call him the meanest boy in the class when he and his friends pick on Pamela Harding in Baby Animal Zoo. If she didn't hold a baby animal, he and his friends would wear a shirt that says Pamela Is the Biggest Baby at Stoneybrook Academy to school everyday for a month.
He moved a couple of houses down from Nancy Dawes and Karen Brewer in Little Sister #31 Karen's Bully. After the events of Karen's Bully, he slowed down in his bullying ways. In Karen's Movie he helped filmed the movie for Karen's grandfather. In Karen's School Bus, Nancy said that Bobby protected her from the big kids.
He and Nancy Dawes create B&N Gardeners to earn money to spend on the Funland Amusement park. They split the money they earn between them and hire Andrew Brewer to help out. He stays out of the fight Karen and Nancy get into in Karen's Lucky Penny.
In Karen's Ice Skates Bobby fell into the pond before it was frozen over. Karen and Nancy pulled him out of the water. Nancy had stayed with him while Karen ran to dial 911. He then had to spend some time at the hospital.
In Karen's Lemonade Stand Bobby started to sell chocolate chip cookies next to Karen's lemonade stand before and after Krushers games. He eventually temporarily quit the team so he could make some extra money. He finally joined in on the game against the Bashers.
He and his sister helped Karen, Andrew, and Nancy paint a mural with the Barton kids in Karen's Toys. They won first place in the category under ten age group for the funniest panel. They had painted The Gorgones and the Tryops.
In Karen's New Puppy he and his friends help build a tree house in Karen's backyard. He had gotten into a tree house war with the younger kids when Karen said nobody until six could be in the tree house. His sister had hid the paint brushes.
In Karen's Movie, he films the movie Karen Brewer was making for her grandad. Bobby, along with the others, quit the movie when Karen becomes too bossy. They make up in the end and enjoy their movie premier.
- Hank Reubens (sometimes)
- Ian Johnson (sometimes)
- Omar Harris
- Chris Lamar
- Ricky Torres (best friend)
- Karen Brewer (when he is home and not at school)
- Nancy Dawes (when he is home and not at school)
Harriet a pet mouse as of Science Fair.
- Going up high on the jungle gym (Baby Animal Zoo)
- Hootie the class guinea pig
- Stan "the man" Jackson (basketball player LS#81)
- Computers (LS#20)
- Being scared
- Writing and spelling
- group work with nothing but girls
- BSC #52 Mary Anne + 2 Many Babies
- BSC #86 Mary Anne and Camp BSC
- Little Sister #31 Karen's Bully
- Little Sister #53 Karen's School Bus
- The Kids in Ms. Colman's Class #7 Science Fair
- Little Sister #63 Karen's Movie
- Little Sister #56 Karen's Ice Skates
- He attended circus camp and camp BSC (not at the same time).
- He appears as a Lost Boy in the production of Peter Pan.
- In Holiday Time he is part of the Hanukkah group.
- He thinks Natalie is okay despite teasing her from time to time. He dislikes Karen calling her his least favorite person in the class.
- Bobby is apathetic about science classes.
- He once got an ant farm for Christmas.
- Has once been to a different circus camp than the one the BSC hosted.
- In Karen's Home Run he entered the bike decorating contest. He said that if won he the one hundred dollar first prize, he'd buy a bunch of CDs.
- He likes to pull pranks on people like in Karen's Big Joke and Karen's Haunted House.
- In Karen's Field Day Karen says that he's a fast runner.
- He doesn't like the school's mystery meat.
- Bobby attends Mrs. Stone's farm camp in Karen's County Fair. He was in the cooking group with Ricky Torres, Cordelia, and Pamela Harding.
- His mom makes really good oatmeal cookies.
- In Karen's Tattletale he was a lunchroom monitor for switch day.
- His candy bar was stolen right out of desk in Karen's School Mystery.
- Bobby has a cousin mentioned in Karen's New Friend.
- He attended Mr. Peabody's School of Dance and Charm with Karen in Karen's Tea Party.
- He is on Kristy's Krushers.
- Natalie Springer says that he would tease his classmates in Second Grade Baby.
- In Karen's in Love he was one of Ricky's groomsmen and ended up kissing Pamela Harding on the cheek in the heat of the moment.
- He and Ricky are partners in Karen's School Trip.
- He won second place in the second grade costume contest in Karen's Candy.
- Bobby was part of the science fair in Karen's Tattletale.