The house is three miles from the Kishis' residence and is four minutes away from the train station. In Karen's School Bus she mentions that she lived just far enough for a bus ride, implying that the school is close.
- Watson Brewer
- Elizabeth Thomas-Brewer
- Charlie Thomas
- Sam Thomas
- Kristy Thomas
- David Michael Thomas
- Karen Brewer
- Andrew Brewer
- Emily Michelle Brewer
- Grandmother (Kristy's paternal grandmother)
- Robin (Kristy's cousin)
- Colleen Miller and Wallace Miller (Kristy's aunt and uncle on her mother's side)
- Ashley Miller (Kristy's cousin)
- Berk Miller (Kristy's cousin)
- Grace Miller (Kristy's cousin)
- Peter (Kristy's cousin)
- Aunt Theo Meiner and Uncle Neal Meiner (Kristy's aunt and uncle on her mother's side)
- Luke Meiner
- Emma Meiner
- Beth Meiner
- Faith and Pierson Chambers (Watson's aunt and uncle)
- Louie Thomas (dog, deceased as of #11 Kristy and the Snobs)
- Shannon (dog, acquired in #11 Kristy and the Snobs)
- Boo-Boo (cat, deceased as of LS #103 Karen's Movie Star)
- Pumpkin (cat, acquired in LS #102 Karen's Black Cat)
- Bob (hermit crab; goes back and forth between the little house and the big house)
- Emily Junior (rat, goes back and forth between Karen's mother's house and her father's house)
- Crystal Light (goldfish, acquired and deceased in LS #16 Karen's Goldfish)
- Crystal Light the Second (goldfish, acquired in LS #16 Karen's Goldfish)
- Goldfishie (goldfish, named by Andrew, acquired in LS #16 Karen's Goldfish)
The house has four floors, the fourth is an attic and the third is largely unused. Karen describes the house as the "big house" when she stays with her father. According to Karen, the ghost of Ben Brewer (Kristy's great-great grandfather) is said to haunt the bedroom on the third floor and the attic. Charlie installed a intercom system for Watson while he recovered from his heart attack. David Michael, Karen, Andrew, and Emily Michelle all share a bathroom.
The living room is described as gigantic with a grand piano, a little tree, three couches, five armchairs, a long glass coffee table, several end tables and a crystal chandelier. Instead of carpeting, the room has Oriental rugs. It also has floor to ceiling windows that look out into the front lawn.
The family room is described as "always on the messy side."
The kitchen is described as old & country with a big parson's table & two long benches. The counter tops are covered with blue & white tiles. Copper pots hang from the wall and the curtains match the wallpaper.
The mudroom is where the family gets dressed for the winter weather and where Shannon's leash is hung up.
Andrew, Charlie, David Michael, Emily Michelle, Karen, Kristy, Nannie, and Sam all have their own bedrooms, but Elizabeth and Watson share a bedroom.
Watson's library is described as a dark, peaceful comfortable place with cushy leather chairs, thick rugs, china lamps, a big wooden desk and shelves of books. The room has a nice smell to it: like Lemon Pledge and musty books. A stepladder makes the upper shelves accessible.
The attic is located on the fourth floor- room after room- and is big with rafters that Kristy has to duck under. The attic is filled with old furniture covered in white sheets along with a brass doll's bed & a rocking horse.
The house has a big backyard with a great climbing tree, playground set and tons of outdoor games in the garage. Watson has a rose garden, vegetable patch, and the garden has daffodils. In Karen's Pumpkin Patch, Watson also grew pumpkins in the fall.
Household Customs & RulesEdit
- A cleaning woman comes in the Brewer-Thomas house twice a week.
- The shopping list and schedules are posted on the bulletin board. Watson's list of "Forbidden Foods" is posted on the refrigerator next to the week's menus & snacks.
- There is a strict rule about boyfriends & girlfriends: they are not allowed in the house unless adults are present.
- The children get story time after bath time before they go to bed.
- Watson & Elizabeth subscribe to the Stoneybrook News and the New York Times.
Watson has an old black Ford. The emergency car is parked in the shed at the back of the property.
In the garage, there is a red sports car, a fancy new car and the Thomases' green station wagon which has four-wheel drive.