8 (9 in June)
2 (books 1-2)
#1, Kristy's Great Idea (mentioned)
FF Special #2, Graduation Day
Charlotte is described as pretty with chestnut brown hair, big dark eyes, and a dimple in her cheeks when she smiles. She doesn't think that she's pretty. In Mary Anne and the Little Princess her hair is once described as red.
Charlotte's the only child of Dr. Johanssen and Mr. Johanssen. Charlotte used to be very shy and sometimes still can be. While she becomes more outgoing and makes more friends, she doesn't stop being sweet and bookish.
Stacey considers her a little sister. Charlotte's upset when Stacey moves back to New York and excited she comes back. When Charlotte's parents are away in Stacey and the Mystery of Stoneybrook, she stays over at Stacey's house. Charlotte gets very worried about Stacey after Stacey ends up in the hospital in Stacey's Emergency, and briefly becomes a hypochondriac.
In Little Miss Stoneybrook ...and Dawn, Claudia convinces Charlotte to enter the Little Miss Stoneybrook beauty pageant. Charlotte isn't enthusiastic about the idea due to her personality and to believing isn't pretty enough to win. She decides to memorize part of a story and act it out for the talent part. When pageant day comes, she gets scared, and leaves the stage during he contest. Claudia feels bad for pushing her into participating and and apologizes to her.
In Jessi's Gold Medal she doesn't want to be in the BSC mini-Olympics. Charlotte becomes the official sign-maker and wins the most creative award.
Charlotte's supposed to stay away from sweets. She had two cavities last time she was at the dentist. She had two silver fillings in her molars to prove it in Beware, Dawn.
She plays basketball (despite disliking it) with her friends in Claudia and the Little Liar. In the same book Charlotte is mentioned to keep a diary and will sometimes let Stacey read it.
In Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls she mentions that one time she was hiding from a thunderstorm under her bed. It lasted so long she fell asleep and her parents nearly called the police when they couldn't find her.
In The Secret Life of Mary Anne Spier, she gets a fashion maker where she prints a fabric design on fabric to use. The participates in the fair that the BSC holds for the Toys for Kids program.
She writes the cheers for Kristy's Krushers' cheerleaders. Charlotte eventually becomes a cheerleader for the Krushers. She even cheerleads for the Special Olympics Unified Team in Abby the Bad Sport.
- Charlotte wins third place in the science fair by testing plants and how they react to music in Jessi's Baby-sitter.
- In Graduation Day, she got a writing award at Stoneybrook Elementary School's end of school assembly.
- In Abby and the Mystery Baby she, Becca, and the Arnold Twins put on a play about photosynthesis for the writers month event that the BSC put together. They won first place.
- Stacey McGill
- Becca Ramsey
- Vanessa Pike
- Haley Braddock
- Sophie McCann
- Ellie Morris (second-grade best friend)
- Natalie Springer
- Danielle Roberts
- Theresa Bradley (Zuni pen pal)
- Valerie Namm
- A schnauzer named Carrot. Charlotte taught Carrot how to say his prayers, where he can rest his head on his paws.
- She loves to be read to.
- Her favorite snack is pretzels
- Her second favorite sitter is Claudia.
- She likes reading the newspaper, and usually reads the bad stories aloud.
- She liked Polly's fine candy.
- Polar bears
- Favorite TV show is The Cosby Show
- Spaghetti and meatballs is her favorite meal
- Fudge and has made fudge with Becca before.
- Jamie Newton
- Solving Mysteries
- Star Trek
- Books and reading; her favorite books are
- The Long Winter
- Charlotte's Web
The Cricket in Times Square
- Sports and gym class
- Afraid of horses
- Swimming in Lakes
- Brussel Sprouts
- Pickled beets
- Corn relish
- Puffed rice
- Being picked on by other kids
- She sometimes uses her mom's plastic surgical gloves as balloons.
- Member of the Kids Can Do Anything Club
- Despite being in the fourth grade in Good-bye Stacey, Good-bye, it's mentioned she's still in third by Graduation Day.
- She skipped second grade, and was called teachers pet when she was seven.
- She is learning how dogs are affected by body language.
- She made a booth for the math fair with Haley.
- She went to Paris with her mom.
- She has a toy doctor set.
- Charlotte can play the piano
- Eventually picks up the guitar in Keep Out, Claudia!
- She wrote a short book called The Girl Who Moved Away which she gives to Stacey at her yard sale.
- In Kristy and the Cat Burglar, Charlotte went through her "Harriet the Spy" phase.
- In Kristy and the Sister War she had a crush on Linny Papadakis briefly.
- Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls
- The Truth About Stacey
- Little Miss Stoneybrook ...and Dawn
- Stacey's Emergency
- Stacey vs. the BSC
- Baby-sitters' Summer Vacation
- Stacey and the Mystery Money
- Stacey and the Mystery of Stoneybrook
- Claudia and the Clue in the Photograph
In this series she is portrayed by actress Gina Gallagher. She is in six of the thirteen episodes. In The Baby-sitters' Special Christmas she kisses Jackie Rodowsky on the cheek. In Stacey's Big Break, she still has a special connection to Stacey and she has a hard time going on stage without her there keeping her stage fright.
Charlotte is played by actress Samantha Alanis.
She is played by Naomi Tan in the Netflix adaptation. In the Netflix series Charlotte is portrayed as Asian, in previous versions (TV, movie, and the book) she is white. She is only in The Truth About Stacey (Web Series Episode). She also has two moms.