Back Cover Summary
Claudia is helping Rebecca Madden prepare to sell her grandmother's house. Grandmother Madden was a famous artist, and finding more of her valuable paintings would help Rebecca and her family a lot. But everybody says it's impossible: Grandmother Madden destroyed all of her paintings before she died.
Claudia thinks everybody is wrong—no artist would destroy her life's work. But if she's going to prove her theory, Claudia will have to work fast. Everything in the house will be sold in less than a week!
Characters in this book
- Grandmother Madden (mentioned)
- Mr. Snipes (mentioned)
- Mrs. O’Neal – woman in charge of the Kaleidoscope room
- Mr. Ogura
- Mr. and Mrs. Addison (mentioned)
- Mrs. and Mr. Newton (mentioned)
- James Cook – Jimmy’s dad and Rebecca’s husband
- Dee Pike (mentioned)
- Mr. Ogura Sr. (mentioned)
- Suzanne Madden
Places in this book
- Kishi House
- Stoneybrook Public Library
- Madden House
- Stoneybrook Museum
- Stoneybrook Animal Emergency Clinic (mentioned)
Pop Culture and Real-Life References
- Pelé, a Brazilian soccer player, is referenced by Abby on page 104.
Continuity and Inconsistencies
- The events at the end of Claudia and the Mystery at the Museum is referenced on page 22, where Claudia is an honorary trustee at the Stoneybrook Museum.