Back Cover Summary[edit | edit source]
But Claud's very first cake falls, even though she was really careful. Her ingredients must have been tampered with. And Claudia's not the only baking victim. It looks as if someone is stirring up major mischief — by sabotaging other people's entries!
Claudia is determined to find out who's to blame. But she'll have to hurry... the competition is getting more dangerous every day!
Summary[edit | edit source]
Subplot[edit | edit source]
The children of the adult contestants are at a day-care watched by members of the BSC. They create their own mini restaurant that they put together on the last day of the competition. Kyle Farmer, an out of towner, was acting out and his sister Megan was taking the blame for him. He's been acting out since his dad left and once tried to run away.
Characters in this book[edit | edit source]
- Shea, Jackie, and Archie Rodowsky
- Kerry Bruno
- Jamie and Lucy Newton
- Arnold Twins
- Charlotte Johanssen
- Linny and Hannie Papadakis
- Austen Family: Emily, Tyler - children in the day care center
- Nichole Lavista - child at the day care center
- Taylor and Tyler Nichols - children in the day care center
- Singer Family: Morgan, Dana - children in the day care center
- Farmer Family: Kyle, Megan - children in the day care center
- Marty Nisson
- Mr. Johanssen (mentioned)
- Mrs. Newton (mentioned)
- A grandmother from Brooklyn (mentioned)
- Ms. Singer - out of towner (mentioned)
- Restaurant reviewer from the Stoneybrook News - judge
- Unnamed Judge
- Anna Salerno, a woman that runs Maria's restaurant in Stamford and judge
- Mr. Herriot, president and CEO of Mrs. Goode's Cookware
Places in this book[edit | edit source]
Trivia/Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Grace Blume, who is friends with Cokie Mason, normally dislikes the BSC. However, she is nice to the BSC in this book as well as the next mystery book.