David Michael Thomas
David Michael Thomas
Kristy´s Great Idea
David Michael Thomas is a member of the Brewer/Thomas Family and the youngest son of Elizabeth Thomas-Brewer and Patrick Thomas. He is the younger biological brother of Charlie, Sam and Kristy Thomas. He is the stepson of Watson Brewer. He is the stepbrother of Karen and Andrew Brewer and adoptive brother of Emily Michelle Brewer. David Michael attends Stoneybrook Elementary School where he is in the second grade.
In Kristy at Bat, it's mentioned that he and Kristy look alike, and that he has dark brown curly hair and dark brown eyes. He has a gap between his front teeth and his left front tooth is chipped, the reason in unknown. He wears casual clothing such as shirts, jeans, and sneakers.
In Kristy's Great Idea he befriends Jamie Newton because of Jamie's interest in G.I. Joe Action Figures. He used to like rodeos until he saw one himself. In book 11, he got a black eye falling down the basement stairs. He really likes vanilla cookies. He doesn't get along with his stepsister Karen Brewer that well. He doesn't remember his father, who left when he was a baby. Once, he and Karen were in the same second grade class. Kristy's first babysitting job was for David Michael.
Kristy is like a second mother to David Michael since she would babysit him so much growing up. In Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls, Kristy mentions that he was born 2 weeks early. In Kristy's Big Day, Kristy mentions that she's five and a half years older than him. It's likely that his birthday is sometime in February.
In Kristy and Mr. Mom, David Michael was hit by the acting bug. He was cast as a rooster in the the community theatre production of The Brementown Musicians. In Karen's Two Families he played a winkie in his school production of The Wizard of Oz.
In Karen's Big Fight, Elizabeth and Watson consider the idea of transferring him to Stoneybrook Academy, and have him attend Karen's school for a day. They decide to keep him at his current elementary school because they have a theater program.
In Kristy at Bat, he collects baseball cards for the value. When Barry tricks him into trading a valuable card he wants it back. Abby teaches him to collect the cards that mean something to him rather than for money. One of his favorite players is Charlie Lawson.
David Michael plays as a catcher for Kristy's Krushers.
He attended the BSC play group in Claudia and Mean Janine.
He was the ring-bearer at his mother's wedding in Kristy's Big Day.
- Linny Papadakis
- Frankie (#5)
- Carver Ensign
- Jamie Newton
- Nicky Pike
- Patrick (#5)
- Roger (LS#117)
- Derek Masters (M#30)
Louie, the old collie dog the Thomases owned from even before he was born was described as his dog and best friend. He enjoys his new dog Shannon, although she is not the same as Louie. Kristy notes in #11 Kristy and the Snobs that David Michael would never forget Louie.
- Collects baseball cards
- Acting (starred in the play "The Brementown Musicians" where he played a rooster)
- G.I Joe Franchise (Action Figures, etc.) (#1)
- The Secret Fort (From Babysitters at Shadow Lake)
- Karen Brewer (sometimes)
- Basho-man comics (in #21)
- Candy Land (#1)
- Corned beef (LS#84)
- He is allergic to chocolate in Karen's Brothers.
- His dad left the family when he was a baby. At the Thomases' old house, his bedroom was not much bigger than a closet.
- He is a klutz & a champion whiner according to Kristy.
- Watson taught him the crawl stroke so David Michael knows how to swim.
- He is not allowed to ride his bike farther than two blocks from his house.
- David Michael is supposed to brush his teeth every night, no exceptions in Kristy and the Haunted Mansion.
- In Karen's Secret Valentine, he had a crush on Hannie Papadakis briefly and then Margo Pike.
- He attended Mr. Peabody's School of Dance and Charm with Karen in Karen's Tea Party.
- He wants to be an actor when he grows up
- He built a fort in Baby-sitters at Shadow Lake with Linny Papadakis and Nicky Pike.
- He gets pitching lessons from Abby Stevenson in Kristy and the Dirty Diapers.
- He narrates two chapters in Baby-sitters at Shadow Lake and two chapters in Karen's Campout.
- David Michael does a ventriloquist act for the Pikes' talent show in Stacey vs. the BSC.
- He participated in the green fair in Dawn Saves the Planet.
- He has a light up yo-yo in Stacey's Choice.
- David Michael was fascinated with his toy trucks when he was two in Claudia and the Great Search.
- He doesn't like Max and Amanda in Poor Mallory!.
- He gets an computer pen pal named Mark in Oklahoma in Karen's School Surprise.
- He talks in his in sleep in Kristy and the Haunted Mansion.
In the Graphic Novel, his first appearance is in Kristy's Great Idea (Graphic Novel), where he is locked out of the house. Kristy lets him in and he appears a few panels later standing in the bathroom doorway, looking quite proud of himself.
David Michael is in 2 episodes and played by Michael Galeota.
He is played by Teddy Dale.
Actor Benjamin Goas plays him. David Michael is in five episodes of the series. His first appearance is in Kristy's Great Idea (episode), where he is locked out of the house and has wet his pants. In the book he was able to make to bathroom in time. Kristy lets him in. In season two it's mentioned that he dislikes pancakes and would feed them to Louie.