Back Cover Summary[edit | edit source]
Dawn has a lot to do this summer: spend time with her family, see her Stoneybrook friends, and, of course, baby-sit as much as possible! Then she and the BSC land some new clients: a feuding family, searching for a treasure that will settle a tricky will left by their eccentric father.
Now Dawn has even more things she'd like to do. She's going to take care of her new charges...and while she's at it, she'll try to patch up the feud and solve the inheritance mystery. Can she do it all before she has to go back to California?
Summary[edit | edit source]
Family Clues[edit | edit source]
- Amy's clue was "The first is always the most important"
- Mrs. Keats clue was "the signature tells all"
- Mrs. Cornell's clue was "I didn't do it, I was" and the last word blank
Characters in this book[edit | edit source]
- Keats Family: Eliza, Hallie, Jeremy
- Cornell Family: Katharine, Tilly
- Braddock Family: Matt and Haley
- Jenny Prezzioso
- Barrett Family: Buddy, Suzi, and Marnie
- Pike Family: Vanessa, Nicky, Margo, and Claire
- Jamie Newton
- Mrs. Sally Cornell
- Mrs. Justine Keats
- John Irving (Patrick Livingston)
- Amy Livingston
- Lyn Iorio - lawyer
Places in this book[edit | edit source]
- Dawn and Mary Anne's House
- Livingston Home
- Stoneybrook Community Center
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This is the last Dawn book of the mystery series. This is also her last book in The Baby-Sitters Club series before the California Diaries starts.
- Bellair's, Sew Fine, In Good Taste, Merry-Go-Round, Tofu Express, Rosebud Café, Zingy's, Stoneybrook Jeweler, and Zuzu's Petals are all mentioned as the places Dawn and Mary Anne go to on family day.