Elizabeth Thomas-Brewer (née Taylor) is the wife of Watson Brewer, the mother of Charlie, Sam, Kristy, David Michael Thomas, and the adoptive mother of Emily Michelle Brewer and the step-mother to Karen Brewer and Andrew Brewer. Elizabeth is a member of the Brewer/Thomas Family.
Her age is estimated at about 37 according to Kristy. Watson is slightly older than her.
Her worst day happened when she was sixteen. She flunked a test, her gym teacher yelled at her, burned the chicken meant for dinner, cut her hand, had a fight with her sisters, and lost her favorite earrings all on the same day. This story was mentioned in Karen's Worst Day.
She is divorced from Patrick Thomas. She has never forgiven Patrick for leaving the family but doesn't sit around whining about how badly he treated them. After Patrick walked out on the family, Elizabeth hired a housekeeper named Mrs. Culp to look after the house and David Michael.
Elizabeth and Watson started dating four months before Kristy began seventh grade and got engaged in October. They married at the end of June.
Elizabeth works full-time for a big company in Stamford that has a sun as the logo. In Karen's Big Job, the agency's name is Mahler and Greye Advertising. She works on the twelfth floor with her own office. Some of her co-workers include Priscilla, Gary, and Ruth.
In Karen's Cooking Contest, she works with a woman named Beth Cooper.
- In Karen's President, she has a friend named Marsha Meyers who lives in Washington, D.C.
- In Karen's Mistake, she has a friend and co-worker named Alice.
- Natalie Barrett in Dawn and Whitney, Friends Forever
- Kate in Karen's Puppet Show
- She has a friend at WJSN news in Karen's New Holiday.
Hobbies & Interests
- Goes to estate sales with Watson and finds interesting things
- She plays tennis with Mrs. Craine as mentioned in Mallory and the Ghost Cat.
- She is very motherly to Mary Anne Spier.
- Kristy calls her mother not strict but careful in Dawn and the Impossible Three.
- She persuades telemarketers to never call again in Kristy's Big News.
- She has a degree in accounting mentioned in Kristy's Big Day.
- Elizabeth took off time from work to help Watson after his heart attack in Kristy and Mr. Mom.
- Its mentioned it took her twenty-four hours to have Kristy in The Truth About Stacey.
- She participated in the mother-child softball game that the BSC hosted in Shannon’s Story. She was the team captain for all the mothers.
- She doesn't like bowling according to Kristy and Sam in Karen's Big Job, and loves flowers.
- Kristy calls her mother her role model and one of her heroes in Kristy and the Missing Fortune.
- She dislikes rats as mentioned in Snowbound.
- When she was seven she had a fear of The Fur Thing underneath her bed.
Elizabeth is played by actress Brooke Adams.
Actress Alicia Silverstone plays as her in the series. She is in eight of the ten episodes in the first season. In an interview with Alicia it's mentioned she is a feminist.