Erica Blumberg is a student at Stoneybrook Middle School with the members of the Baby-Sitters Club. She lives on the same block as the Newton Family, not too far from Claudia Kishi. In Claudia and the Terrible Truth, Mrs. Kishi mentions that she lives on Forest Drive. By Claudia and the Friendship Feud, Erica lives on Elm Street down the street from Stacey.
She has short brown hair, the saleslady at Bellair's points out red highlights. Erica doesn't have pierced ears.
Erica was adopted at three weeks old when her parents thought that they couldn't have kids. She had grown up knowing about it and that her parents loved her no matter what. Later her parents had a biological son, her brother, Mike, who is now five.
Erica wins the best excuse for not doing homework award in Kristy and the Missing Child, by saying her mom composted her report.
In Claudia and the Friendship Feud she becomes close friends with Claudia. Erica is described as more creative by Claudia. Claudia tells her everything that happened with her fight with Stacey. While she and Claudia are friends, she got jealous when Claudia would talk about Stacey with her. Claudia had apologized to her. She sits for the Pike Family for the first time in this book.
Erica baby-sits and gets more jobs when the BSC temporarily disbands in Kristy's Worst Idea. She also baby-sits the Nicholls Family in Claudia and the Terrible Truth and discovers that Mr. Nicholls would hit his kids. Erica goes to a BSC meeting to talk about the sitting jobs and what to do about reporting them.
In Claudia and the Disaster Date she got a job at the library in the children's room. She does some research looking for her birth parents in the book. She finds out her real parents are Alison Stiller and Jonathon Gardner after getting into her parents safe. Erica sits down and talks to her parents about being adopted by the end of the book. Claudia stayed with her when they talked.
In Stacey's Movie, she's in Stacey McGill's Short Takes class. She originally wanted to be the cinematographer, but then assigned to be director. She said that things that make her mad include war, pollution, and violence. Her section in the video was very short because Pete Black brought over Alan Gray to be interviewed. Erica was very general and tried not to get emotional. She agreed to let Mary Anne put her extra part in.
- Animals, especially pigs
- Opening a new box of books
- Getting dressed up
- Wearing make up
- Waking up early
- She goes away for summer camp for a few weeks.
- Participates in Battle of the Bakers in Claudia and the Recipe for Danger
- Erica is not good at art.
- She knows pig latin
- Jordan Pike has a crush on her.
- Department stores make her nauseous.
- Claudia said that she is a good listener and gives good advice.
- She has skating lessons on Sunday
- She describes herself as a mid-day person
- The Pike triplets listen to her in Claudia and the Friendship Feud.
- Her dad says "you're never late when you're early" and she tends to be on time to places.
- Erica's adopted mother's name is Rachel Blumberg.
- She goes to Claudia's party in Claudia's Big Party.
- Erica is in Abby's English class in Abby's Un-Valentine.
- She auditioned for Claudia's radio show in Claudia Kishi, Live From WSTO! with Pete Black.
- She's in Stacey's math class in Stacey's Big Crush and liked Mr. Ellenburg too.
- She didn't recognize Mary Anne Spier when she got her makeover in Mary Anne's Makeover.
- Erica is friendly with Shawna Riverson in Logan Likes Mary Anne!.
- She had jewelry stolen by the Badd Boyz in Logan Bruno, Boy Baby-sitter.
- She participates in the Battle of the Bakers with Lauren Hoffman and Pete Black in Claudia and the Recipe for Danger.