He lives in downtown Stoneybrook and near a busy street in Karen's Wedding. Hank hosted a car wash for two dollars to earn money to buy Ms. Colman a gift for her wedding. The entire class got together at his house to help out.
In Spelling Bee he competed against the other students in several spelling bees in several tournaments. He finally won the class tournament and went on to compete against Debbie Dvorak in Mr. Berger's class. Hank purposely threw the last round after he learned that his classmates were betting on him. He and Debbie had decided to compete again where he really won.
In Karen's Gift he did not have anyone to bring to school for their mother's day party. His dad ended up coming to the class to celebrate with him.
His parents are divorced and he lives with his father full time. He visits his mother in Florida where she now lives with the rest of her family. His twin younger sisters also go to Stoneybrook Academy and are five years old in kindergarten.
- Ian Johnson (best friend)
- Chris Lamar (sometimes)
- Bobby Gianelli (sometimes)
- Omar Harris (sometimes)
- Ricky Torres (sometimes)
- Cat named Patch
- Dog named Jack
- Canary named Sassy
- He has his own desktop computer.
- He has an old firefighter doll.
- Waking up early in the morning when nobody else is awake.
- Solving problems like puzzles, games, brainteasers, and brainbusters
- Ms. Colman
- He calls himself a pretty good kick ball player.
- Solving mysteries
- Has been to Disney World twice.
- Has been to Winter Park for vacation with his mother.
- Wants to be a professor or a detective when he grows up.
- Was part of the star club in Spelling Bee.
- He called Ricky, Omar, Bobby, and Chris a close bunch and that they would sometimes hang out with him and Ian. He thinks Karen is bossy and a smarty-pants. Hanks finds it difficult to tell Tammy and Terri apart.
- He played the saxophone in the class band in Karen's Tuba
- In Karen's Home Run he entered the bike decorating contest. He said that if he won the one hundred dollar first prize, he'd buy roller blades.
- In Karen's Field Day Karen notes that he's a fast runner.
- He has a stepmother mentioned in Karen's Twin but she is not mentioned again in the following books.
- He attended Mr. Peabody's School of Dance and Charm with Karen in Karen's Tea Party.