Jeff has spiky sun-bleached hair. He is skinny and a bit messy, since he has jelly on his elbow at breakfast in Dawn and The We ♥️ Kids Club. He and Dawn look very much alike.
Jeff was born in Palo City and he is three years younger than Dawn. He moved with his mom and sister to Stoneybrook when he was in Mary Anne Saves the Day, but did not adjust to the move well. He got into trouble in school a lot and got into a few fights because he missed his dad. He hated most things about Stoneybrook and got into fights with Jerry Haney. He finally chose to move back to California with his father in Little Miss Stoneybrook ...and Dawn. Jeff comes back to Stoneybrook for winter vacation for a week.
He loves his family, even though he has only sent one letter to his mom in six months. He often teases and argues with Dawn, but always get along. Like his mom and sister, Jeff is pretty relaxed. Jeff, unlike Dawn, was quick to accept Carol as his stepmother, but hates her sense of style. He loves his baby sister, Gracie, and helped name her. He doesn't get along with Richard because he's not as athletic as Jeff.
Jeff likes the Schafers' housekeeper, Mrs. Bruen, and was worried about her losing her job when his dad, Jack, married his new wife Carol. However, since Carol is also very messy, Mrs. Bruen now had more work to do. His room tends to be on the messy side, or as he prefers to put it: organized chaos. Mrs. Bruen is not allowed to move or touch the clutter on his floor.
He is fairly responsible, yet not allowed to to have friends over if Dawn isn't there. He is able to stay calm in rough situations such as in Baby-sitters' Island Adventure, where they get lost on an island. Jeff is a good baby-sitter such as when he helps Dawn sit for Carol's friends kids in CA and does a great job with Gregory, who has colic. Jeff joins the BSC as a baby-sitting in training, but it takes too much time. There are better things to do like rollerblading.
Jeff is practically vegetarian. He is the only Schafer who loves junk food. The other family members are health food nuts. He convinced his parents on Halloween to sell candy instead of apples and raisins.
He loves sports, he joins the basketball team in California, practically the star player. He plays soccer and baseball and enjoys skateboarding.
He is usually a funny boy but he can also be sensible.
He is compiling/writing Jeff's off the wall, Krazy, Explode Your Sides Sense of Humor (a.k.a, The Jeff Schafer Book of Funniest Jokes Ever Told, Volume One). He loves to make people laugh and wants to be a comedian when he is older.
- Soccer and sports
- Loves to make people laugh
- Junk food
- Chocolate cake
- His favorite shirt is green and white striped t-shirt
- Mexican food is his favorite
- Favorite frozen yogurt is double chocolate chip
- Loves to create elaborate Halloween costumes
- Vending machines
- Photo booths
- Machines that plasticize things
- He loves Disneyland, and his favorite place to go is Frontierland.
- Getting up early
- Jeff doesn't believe in ghosts.
- He thinks girls are gross.
- He considers himself a major "dead-head"
- Mrs. Besser was his teacher at SES
- He gets O's for outstanding instead of A's on his book report.
- He has to be rushed to the hospital with a ruptured appendix. He stays at the hospital for more then a week, but recovers fully.
- When the barn gets remodeled he had a super hero themed bedroom.
- He has his own camera that he got from his dad in Dawn and the Impossible Three.