Karen's Candy is the 54th book in the Baby-Sitters Little Sister series.
Back Cover Summary
Karen, Hannie, and Nancy are sure they're going to win the candy selling contest. After all, they are the Three Musketeers. But then Karen finds out that her best enemies—the Milky Ways—are selling candy, too. And those Milky Ways are stealing the Three Musketeers' business.
This means — a candy war! Who will win?
Characters in this book
- Ms. Colman's Class: Hannie Papadakis, Nancy Dawes, Ricky Torres, Jannie Gilbert, Leslie Morris, Pamela Harding, Natalie Springer, Hank Reubens, Bobby Gianelli
- Kathryn Barnes and Willie Barnes (mentioned)
- Molly Foley (mentioned)
- Leah Frenning
- Ari Spelling - won first place for the kindergarten costumes
- Roger Halpern - won second place for the kindergarten costumes
- Tracy Bannon - winner of the second grade costumes
- Ms. Colman
- Mr. Posner
- Mrs. Papadakis (mentioned)
- Mrs. Dawes
- Mrs. Titus
- Mr. Berger
- Mr. Drucker (mentioned)
Places in this book
- Nancy's House - only the front yard
- Little House
- Stoneybrook Academy - Mr. Posner and Ms. Colman's classrooms and the principal's office
- Polly's Fine Candy
Halloween costumes in this book
- Karen Brewer - Wild Thing
- Pamela Harding - Lollipop
- Ari Spelling - Robot
- Ricky Torres - Quasimodo
- Nancy Dawes - Apple with a worm on it
- Andrew Brewer - Little Engine that Could
- Pamela's neighborhood is within walking distance to the Little House neighborhood.
- Molly Foley was mentioned in Karen's School Picture, but her first name was spelled differently. Her house is in the same neighborhood as Pamela.
- Karen's Halloween Costume is a Wild Thing from Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak.
- The winners of the second grade costume contest were Tracy Bannon (first), Bobby Gianelli (second place), and Hank Reubens (third place).
- Polly's Fine Candy raised three thousand dollars for the library from the candy selling contest. Someone named Peggy Marino won.
- Tracy Bannon is most likely in Mr. Berger's class. There are only two second grade classes at Stoneybrook Academy and this student is not in Ms. Colman's class.