Karen's Pen Pal is the twenty-fifth book in the Baby-Sitters Little Sister series.
Back Cover Summary[edit | edit source]
The kids in Ms. Colman's class are writing letters to some second-graders in New York City. Karen thinks having a pen pal is so, so cool. But then her pen pal turns out to be a big bragger.
Maxie says she is better than Karen at everything. This makes Karen so mad. So she starts making things up. But now Maxie's class is coming to visit. And Karen is in gigundo trouble!
Summary[edit | edit source]
Karen Brewer is getting a new pen pal named Maxine Louisa Medvin. She wants to impress Maxie to make a good friendship.
What a horrible mistake! Instead of becoming friends, they become enemies. They brag and lie to make each other sound great. It never stops! So when Ms. Colman tells Karen's class that everyone's pen pal will be visiting, Karen doesn't know what to do.
When Maxie comes, it is Karen's class' sports day. Maxie and Karen signed up for the running ones. When they keep getting ties, they crash into each other and realize that nothing they said in the letters was true. They become friends.
Characters in this book[edit | edit source]
- Karen Brewer
- Andrew Brewer
- Big House - Watson Brewer, Elizabeth Thomas-Brewer, Charlie Thomas, Sam Thomas, Kristy Thomas, David Michael Thomas, Emily Michelle Brewer, Nannie
- Little House - Seth Engle, Lisa Engle
- Musketeers - Nancy Dawes, Hannie Papadakis
- Ms. Colman's Class - Ricky Torres, Natalie Springer, Pamela Harding, Leslie Morris, Jannie Gilbert, Hank Reubens, Bobby Gianelli
Places in this Book[edit | edit source]
- Stoneybrook Academy
- Little House
- Nancy's House
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Karen has a sea shell collection in this book.
Gallery[edit | edit source]