Kristy's Krushers is a team for kids, created by Kristy, who are too young or too scared for Little League. The team often plays against Bart's Bashers, coached by Kristy's on-again/off again boyfriend Bart Taylor. Later Kristy and Bart form the Krashers as well.
General[edit | edit source]
The Krushers often lose against the Bashers but learn a lot about team spirit and sportsmanship. Karen Brewer wants the team name to be ‘crushers' but she is voted down in #20. Jackie Rodowsky is the player that named the team.
During practice they would sometimes play a game of backward ball where they ran the bases differently.
Uniform[edit | edit source]
Their uniform are jeans and a t-shirt with the name Kristy's Krushers in black lettering. Only Kristy's is in red. Karen Brewer has Kristy's Crushers on hers, because it's the correct spelling of the word "crushers." Each player has their own batting gloves and hats with a "K" on it.
The cheerleaders wear denim skirts, sneakers, white knee socks, and Krushers Ts.
Klinic[edit | edit source]
In Mind Your Own Business, Kristy! Kristy hosted the Krusher Spring Klinic where the kids prepped for the season. Charlie Thomas helped coach along with Abby and minor help of the BSC. They were visited by a former Mets player, Jack Brewster, to give autographs and baseball tips.
Players[edit | edit source]
- Gabbie Perkins
- Jamie Newton
- Jackie Rodowsky
- Nina Marshall
- Andrew Brewer
- Suzi Barrett
- Myriah Perkins
- Claire Pike
- Patsy Kuhn
- Laurel Kuhn
- Karen Brewer
- Max Delaney
- Buddy Barrett
- David Michael Thomas
- Hannie Papadakis
- Matt Braddock
- Linny Papadakis
- Scott Hsu
- Timmy Hsu
- Jake Kuhn
- Margo Pike
- Bobby Gianelli
- Julian Spencer (only in Karen's Softball Mystery)
- Marty Benson (only in Karen's Softball Mystery)
- Alice Darvin (only in Karen's Softball Mystery)
- Natalie Springer (only in Karen's Softball Mystery)
- Ricky Torres (only in Karen's Softball Mystery)
- Margaret (only in Karen's Softball Mystery)
- Allen (only in Karen's Softball Mystery)
Cheerleaders[edit | edit source]
Band[edit | edit source]
In Kristy and the Dirty Diapers, the team briefly had a band that would play music sometimes. It was disbanded by the end of the book to make their own group. Anna Stevenson was their conductor. Members included:
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- They have permission to practice at Stoneybrook Elementary School on Tuesdays and Saturdays.
- When Kristy is on the Stoneybrook Middle School softball team, Stacey McGill and Claudia Kishi try to fill in for her and coach.
- Very briefly, they become Davis Diapers in return for new equipment, which Kristy returns after Mr. Davis proves to be too overbearing.
- Refreshments are sold to raise money for caps.
- It is a ritual to give high fives to the other team and to cheer "two-four-six-eight" Who do we appreciate"
- Watson Brewer will sometimes ump.
- They host their own world series against Bart's Bashers in Kristy and the Dirty Diapers.