In SM # 1, she invited Mary Anne, Dawn, Kristy, and Claudia to her vacation home. She is a jeweler at the Stoneybrook Craft Center.
She looks like an older version of Karen - with blonde hair, blue eyes, freckles, glasses, and light skin tone. The resemblance between them can be seen on book covers. Karen has also noted their resemblance in a few books of her series.
After her divorce, Lisa married Seth Engle, who is now Karen and Andrew's stepfather. Lisa still has contact with Watson, due to a custody arrangement that has Karen and Andrew alternating between their father and stepmother's house and their mother and stepfather's house. She still maintains a good relationship with her ex-husband.
In Karen's Field Day she mentions other relatives. It is unknown if they are alive or not that include:
- Her mother's cousin Livia, who loved to fish and would go out in hip boots and cast flies with her six brothers. She famously caught fourteen largemouth bass in one afternoon.
- Great aunt Harriet, according to the family legend she was a bookie but never went to prison.
- Aunt Patsy, famous for her big feet.
- Granny Nolan could drink water and whistle at the same time.
- Edna Milton was a scullery maid at Highgate Hall. She ran off with a gardener named Nigel to open a flower shop in London before it went under. She died on the Beulah May and drowned before they reached America.
- One of her friends is Amy Morris, a famous movie star. In the first book, she broke her leg and Watson had to sign insurance arrangements.
- In Karen's Birthday she has a friend whom she tells everything to.
- Randi Halsey is a newspaper writer in Karen's Newspaper.
- In earlier printings of the first few books in the series, Lisa was called "Sheila" and Seth Engle was called "Kendall".
- Watson and Lisa's lawyers are John Sachs and Peter in Karen's Two Families.