Mrs. Newton is married to Mr. Newton and has two children, Jamie Newton and Lucy Newton. She has a sister named Diane and several nieces and nephews. In Kristy's Great Idea she says its okay for Kristy Thomas to bring David Michael Thomas over on her sitting job, when Elizabeth Thomas-Brewer couldn't find a sitter.
In The Truth About Stacey, Mrs. Newton has her daughter Lucy Newton. She gets angry when she learns the Baby-sitters Agency hasn't been taking care of Jamie. She helps call the other parents and persuades them to stop using the agency.
- Whenever Claudia Kishi baby-sits Mrs. Newton compliments her on her clothes or asks about her art in Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls.
- Mrs. Newton is friends with Madeleine Prezzioso in Kristy + Bart = ?.
- Mrs. Newton likes to garden in Logan Likes Mary Anne!.
- Mrs. Newton's doctor is located in Stamford in The Truth About Stacey.
- She participates in the Battle of the Bakers in Claudia and the Recipe for Danger.
- In The Baby-sitters Remember, Elizabeth Thomas asked her to call Kristy when she baby-sat David Michael for the first time to make sure everything was okay.
Mrs. Newton is played by Christina Sicoli in this version. She is given the first name Kim since she was not given one before.