The Papadakis Family is a client of the Baby-sitters Club that lives in Stoneybrook, CT. They make their first appearance in Kristy and the Snobs. Hannie makes her first appearance in Dawn and the Impossible Three.
They live on McLelland Road next to Shannon Kilbourne and across the street from the Brewer/Thomas Family. Hannie and Linny don't get along with the Delaney kids. Kristy usually sits for them since they live across the street from the Brewers. She was the first to sit for the family in Kristy and the Snobs. They love to play pretend and organize neighborhood activities. They are wealthy but down to earth.
Some family rules include from Kristy and the Worst Kid Ever includes: that they all sit down for dinner together, no sweets for snacks, come straight home from school, the kids have to show their parents their homework, and the kids have to tell their parents were they are going.
One of the grandfathers, Poppy, broke his hip and had to go to a nursing home to recover. He came down with pneumonia and is pretty sick, Mrs. and Mr. Papadakis make regular visits to him. Shannon Kilbourne and Kristy Thomas along with other BSC members watch the kids while they care for him. He recovers in Claudia and the Great Search.
In Karen's Haunted House Mrs. and Mr. Papadakis runs the haunted house set up in the old Powell House with her husband. They got volunteers from Stoneybrook High School and her daughter, Hannie, recruits her class.
- Mr. George Papadakis
- Mrs. Papadakis
- Linny Papadakis (9)
- Hannie Papadakis (7)
- Sari Papadakis (2)
- Lou McNally (foster daughter; 8)
- Mr. Papadakis has two sisters that live in New York City
- Poppy Papadakis
- Mrs. Papadakis has two brothers and one sister.
- Cousins include
- Five people named Nikos one of them is fifteen and cute.
- Four people named Alexandra
- Three people named Peter
- Two people named Maria
- Two people named Takis
- Karen Brewer mentions that Hannie has a parental uncle, her Uncle George, who died during the Vietnam War in Karen's President. At least one set of Hannie's grandparents are alive in Karen's Surprise.
- Hannie has a great-aunt, Sofia Papadakis, was the first female brain-surgeon in America in Karen's Field Day.
- Hannie mentions that she has an aunt that lives in Greece in Karen, Hannie, and Nancy: Three Musketeers.
They have a huge yard with a basketball court in the driveway and a badminton area by the garage. Off to the right behind the house at the edge of the woods, four barbecue pits were roasting lamb for the reunion in Dawn's Big Move.
In Kristy and the Worst Kid EverLou McNally's room at the Papadakises is very neat with blue walls and comforter, blue and white chintz curtains, and a colorful rug.
They have sliding glass doors with curtains over them. They have an area in their living room that works like a stage in Karen's Angel.
There's a sun porch mentioned in Karen's Kittycat Club.
- The family is Greek as mentioned in Keep Out, Claudia!.
- They have an old monopoly set - Kristy thinks it used to be Mrs. Papadakis's when she was young in Kristy and the Worst Kid Ever.
- In Halloween Parade, Hannie says that her father works for a costume company. In Kristy's Worst Idea Hannie mentions that he builds houses.
- In Abby and the Notorious Neighbor Mr. Papadakis builds a new shed in their side yard. Mrs. Papadadakis has been cleaning out all the closets in the house.
- They bake koulourakia in Kristy and the Dirty Diapers. Mrs. Papadakis was one of the first neighbors to meet the the Stevenson Family in the same book.
- The kids could only watch TV for two hours a week in Abby's Lucky Thirteen.
- Hannie and Linny take tumbling classes after the events of Mary Anne and Camp BSC.
- Mr. Papadakis offered to pay the BSC to stay together when they briefly broke up in Kristy's Worst Idea.
- All of the kids participate in the BSC's world records book in Kristy + Bart = ?.
- The kids all look exactly like Mrs. Papadakis according to Kristy in Kristy and the Snobs.
- Mrs. Papadakis is a room parent in Karen's in Love.
- Mrs. Papadakis participated in the mother-child softball game that the BSC hosted in Shannon’s Story. She mentions she used to play soccer in high school.
- One or both parents participates in the Battle of the Bakers in Claudia and the Recipe for Danger.
- Mrs. Papadakis is noted to have dark brown eyes in Kristy and the Worst Kid Ever.
- The family likes lamb, spanakopita, and tiropita in Dawn's Big Move.
Mrs. Papadakis is played by Malaika Jackson in The Truth About Stacey (episode). The family is at least half African American in this version rather than just being 100% Greek.
However, due to Bear Silverstone playing Linny in the second season, the family is back to being 100% Greek. Mrs. Papadakis is played by Flora Karas and Hannie by Aletheia Berry.