7 (almost 8)
Ricky has light brown hair. He wears square glasses starting in Karen's School Picture.
Ricky used to tease Karen when she first got her glasses, but he stopped when he had to get glasses and was teased himself. Karen stands up for him and he yells at her for it. Finally, they start to get along when Karen tells him about some well-known book characters who wear them too. In Karen's School Picture, he sits in the front of the room with Karen and Natalie Springer because they all wear glasses. He used to sit in the back of the class next to Hannie.
He stopped teasing Karen when he admitted to having a crush on her in Karen's in Love. Ricky had married her on the playground at school. In the book before they got married, they had a fight about Ricky giving Pamela Harding a nice present rather than a mean one for her birthday. He kissed Karen on the cheek.
In Karen's Field Day, Karen says that Ricky is sometimes a fast runner and sometimes slow. When they play tag and she chases him, he is slow. But when he chases her, Ricky is fast.
He joins the B.F. Willie circus camp in Karen's Big Top. His performance in the final circus he was a juggler and has been practicing at home.
He once broke his leg and got a famous baseball player to sign his cast in Karen's Roller Skates. He and Karen have a competition of who could get the most signatures. Karen ends up getting more than him.
In Karen's Big Lie, Ricky is good at math. When his class starts having timed math tests, Karen cheats off of him. Later she tells him what happened and he forgives her after she comes clean about it.
Ricky mentions that he has cousins with divorced parents in Karen's Two Families. His has an aunt and uncle that had gotten a divorce with the kids getting equal time.
His cousins, Christopher (age 3) and Nate (age 1) were visiting his house in Karen's Surprise for Thanksgiving.
In Karen's Runaway Turkey Karen mentions that his aunt Mabel gave him his dog, Bumper, a cocker spaniel.
In Karen's Roller Skates, he's mentioned to have a brother and a sister, however this is the only book that they are mentioned in. His dad is mentioned to be friends with baseball player Hubert Gregory.
- Karen Cuspid (pretend wife)
- Bobby Gianelli (best friend)
- Ian Johnson (sometimes)
- Hank Reubens (sometimes)
- Omar Harris
- Chris Lamar
- In Karen's Runaway Turkey, Ricky mentions having a dog named Bumper, a cocker spaniel that is hard to train.
- He likes to write and tell stories in Author Day.
- Ms. Colman (like the rest of his class)
- Robert Bennett is his favorite writer and Sloppy Sam is his favorite book by him in Author Day.
- Karen Cuspid
- Bobby Martinez (LS#109)
- Reading out loud (only in Author Day)
- Despite being pretend married to Karen he does think that she is bossy in Author Day.
- He's a couple of months older then Karen, which is mentioned in Karen's Bully.
- Ricky attended Camp BSC in Mary Anne and Camp BSC and once attended a circus camp.
- In Karen's Tuba, he plays the trombone in the class band.
- In Karen's Home Run he entered the bike decorating contest. He said that if won he the one hundred dollar first prize, he'd get Nintendo games.
- He attended Mr. Peabody's Charm School in Karen's Tea Party
- Ricky was the first to get sick in Karen's School Trip.
- He is part of Camp BSC in Mary Anne and Camp BSC. Mary Anne notes that he Ricky often goes along with Karen in the book.
- Natalie Springer says that he would tease his classmates in Second Grade Baby.
- He's mentioned in Mary Anne vs. Logan
- He's friendly to Pamela Harding in Karen's in Love.
- He and Bobby Gianelli are partners in Karen's School Trip.
- In Karen's Sleepover, he threatened to crash Karen's party, but never ended up doing anything.
- In Karen's New Year, Ricky asked her to marry him.
- He appears briefly in chapter 12 of Kristy and the Copycat when Karen brought him to baseball practice.