Samuel "Sam" Thomas is the 15-year-old son of Elizabeth Thomas-Brewer and Patrick Thomas, younger brother of Charlie Thomas, older brother of Kristy and David Michael Thomas, stepson of Watson Brewer, stepbrother of Karen & Andrew Brewer and adoptive brother of Emily Michelle Brewer.
Has dark curly hair, sparkly blue eyes, and a few freckles.
He is currently a sophomore at Stoneybrook High School with Charlie. He plays intramural basketball, member of the math club and plays the clarinet in the marching band.
He used to share a room with Charlie at the beginning of the series before moving. Sam delivers groceries for A&P. He works there part time during the school year. During the summer, he was a camp counselor. In Karen's Paper Route he and Charlie pick up Kristy and Karen's paper route after he gets fired when the store over hired.
He teases and jokes around a lot with David Michael. Sam is a champion practical joker and also a troublemaker, who gets detention.
He went out with Stacey McGill a few times, but considers her a friend.
- Loves to play & follow baseball; used to play baseball
- Likes anchovies
- Girls are always on his mind
- Kids (sometimes)
- Singing in the shower
- Ricky and Randy Jones (childhood)
- Stacey McGill (has a crush on her; went out a few times, but thinks of her as a friend)
- Tamara (sat with her at lunch)
- Amanda Martin (gave some roses)
- Monique (hated her but sorta liked her)
- In Karen's Tuba Sam gave Hannie Papadakis and Karen lessons on how to play their instruments. He taught Ms. Colman's class to play Here Comes the Bride for a concert.