Scholastic began to release Baby-sitters Club and related series eBooks on the Amazon Kindle, Kobo, and Google Books starting in 2012 and ending around 2016. All books in all series were released, with the exception of the 7 Little Sister Activity Books, and the other Baby-sitters Club related non-series books (such as the Guide to Baby-sitting, Chain Letter, etc).
Scholastic eBooks Released[edit | edit source]
- The Baby-sitters Club main series #1-131
- Baby-Sitters Little Sister series #1-122
- The Baby-Sitters Club: Super Special #1-15
- The Baby-Sitters Club: Mysteries #1-36
- The Baby-Sitters Club: Super Mysteries #1-4
- Portrait Collection All six
- Readers' Request All three
- Baby-sitters Club: Friends Forever #1-12 and 2 Super Specials
- The Kids in Ms. Colman's Class #1-12
Released by Open Road Media[edit | edit source]
- California Diaries #1-15, with different covers to the published books
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The covers for all Scholastic eBooks used the reprint cover art but were otherwise designed to look like the covers of the original books, rather than the 1995-1999 reprints. The main differences are the Scholastic logo is in the middle rather than the left corner, and other extraneous info like ISBN and the Little Apple logo are removed.
- In a few cases, the cover art changed entirely from the original published book in the 1980s/early 1990s to the 1995 reprint cover art. The eBooks use the reprint cover art. This changes applies to the following books (all from the main series): #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #45, and #53. In a few other cases, minor changes, such as clothing, or hair style, changed from the original to reprint cover art. In these cases, the eBooks used the reprint cover art. This changes applies to (at least): #13, #22, #28, #34, #36, #48, #55, #56 and #57. The exception to this is #40, in which clothing changed from original to reprint, but the eBook used the original cover art.
- All main series BSC books included in the eBook the same Scrapbook photos found in the reprints of the main series, but unlike in the published series, the scrapbook photos don't include the photo captions.
- Ann M. Martin's Dear Reader Letter, found at the end of all the reprint books of the main series, is included in all main series books. The letter appears to be the same as in the published books, with the exception of the last sentence of the letter in book #100 (in which the series was predicted to continue until 2005, but we now know it ended in 2000 with Graduation Day).
- The BSC notebook pages found in the reprints of the main series were not included in the eBooks.
- eBooks #1-20 do not include BSC notebook entries in the BSC member's own handwriting. Instead, all handwriting is done in italics, in contrast to the originally published books where the entries are handwritten.
- The California Diaries books included different covers because they were published by Open Road Media instead of Scholastic. In addition, they included a section at the end entitled "A Personal History by Ann M. Martin" which is a short autobiography of author Ann M. Martin and includes color photos of her life and hobbies. Some of these photos originally appeared in black-and-white form in the book Ann M. Martin: The Story of the author of the Baby-sitters Club.
- Interior illustrations found in the Super Specials, Portrait Collection, Baby-Sitters Little Sister, The Kids in Ms. Colman's Class, and the Amalia books of California Diaries were included in the eBooks. Also included were letters/ BSC notebook entries in the character's handwriting found in almost all books. In book #6, a family tree illustration at the end of the published book was not included in the eBook.
- In the original published California Diaries books, all text was written in the specific character's handwriting. In the eBooks, the diary is in a regular font.
External Links[edit | edit source]
Cover Gallery[edit | edit source]
Main Series[edit | edit source]
131 Main Series Covers
Mystery Series[edit | edit source]
36 Mystery Series Covers
Super Mysteries[edit | edit source]
Super Specials[edit | edit source]
15 Super Special Covers
Portrait Collection[edit | edit source]
Readers Request[edit | edit source]
The Kids in Ms. Colman's Class[edit | edit source]
12 Kids in Ms. Colmans Class Covers
Baby-sitters Club: Friends Forever[edit | edit source]
14 Friends Forever Series Covers