Shannon Louisa Kilbourne
#11: Kristy and the Snobs
- Her birthday is March 17
- Shannon lives across the street from Kristy on McLelland Road next door to the Korman Family and Papadakis Family.
- Books Narrated:
She is described as interesting looking. She has thick curly blond hair, blue eyes, high cheekbones, wears black mascara every morning, and a cute button nose. She thinks that she's not going to be very tall.
Shannon takes tap lessons occasionally. She is a real achiever, fluent in Spanish and French. She's an animal lover. She is funny and studious.
Her room is across from Tiffany's room. She has a Stoneybrook Day pennant on the wall, a neat stack of books on the desk, and a poster from a summer camp production of Oklahoma. She has a dream machine clock radio. People think her walls are pale blue.
Baby-sitting and Club ExperiencesEdit
She baby-sat for the Papadakis Family and the Delaney Family before joining the BSC. Kristy asks her to join the BSC as an associate member, she doesn't come to meetings. She is sometimes watching Maria.
She can't replace Dawn as a regular member because of after school tutoring project in Dawn's Big Move. When the Honor Society dinner committee is over, however, she decides to take Dawn's place temporarily as an alternate officer.
She goes to Stoneybrook Day School with her siblings. She must wear a uniform to school. Shannon was thinking of joining Spanish Club in Dawn and Too Many Sitters. She is involved in a lot of clubs after school:
- Honors Society, which includes an after school tutoring program.
- Acts and sings in plays including a production of Arsenic and Old Lace as a lead.
- Debate team; it's one of the best in state.
- Astronomy club; she's the only eighth grader after being asked by her science teacher.
Aside from regular classes like English and Algebra, she takes philosophy and psychology. She's not crazy about math in the way Maria is. Madame DuBarry is her French teacher. She deliberately fails a French final so she won't have to go on a Paris trip with her mom.
Shannon and Kristy were mean when they first saw each other waiting for their buses in Kristy and the Snobs. She and Kristy were introduced to each other later. At first Shannon and Kristy did not like each other much. Shannon even prank called Kristy. After Kristy's dog Louie died, Shannon gives the Brewer/Thomas family a puppy, born from their dog Astrid, which they name Shannon.
In Jessi and the Awful Secret Shannon had more time on her hands and spent time with the BSC. Kristy thinks she was stealing her friends and apologizes to her and will ask to to attend regular meeting now and then.
She goes to the Spring Dance at the Stoneybrook Community Center with a boy from her school in Claudia's Freind Friend. She goes with friends to the Valentine's Day Dance at her school in Abby's Un-Valentine.
- She has won a drama plaque
- Shannon has a frame Honors Society certificate
- She has an archery trophy from summer camp
- If she could be an animal she'd be a cat.
- One of Shannon's wishes was to become a funnier person. She received a book of jokes for Christmas one year in the hopes that she will increase her humor.
- Shannon knows about Kristy’s crush on Bart Taylor.
- Sometimes has issues getting along with her mother
- In Abby and the Notorious Neighbor she had a secret admirer that would bike past her house really slow.
- Her favorite color is red in Mary Anne and the Playground Fight.
- In Kristy and the Sister War it's mentioned that she likes snickerdoodle cookies.
- She used to be enemies with Kristy Thomas, but they are friends now.
- It is a possibilty she may like Logan Bruno and Bart Taylor.