Appearance and Personality
Appearance She is described as pretty with short curly hair as light as Dawns as described in Mary Anne Saves the Day.
Personality Sharon is a very lovable person but is very absent-minded, Dawn calls her the professor type in Dawn and the Impossible Three. Mary Anne calls her very outgoing in Mary Anne and the Great Romance. Sharon is a romantic and saved a rose Richard had given her the night of their senior prom and pressed it in her yearbook in Mary Anne Saves the Day.
Sharon grew up in Stoneybrook and was Richard Spier's high school sweetheart at Stoneybrook High School, in Mary Anne Saves the Day. Her parents didn't approve of him and thought he wouldn't be a success so they sent her to college in California. There she met Jack Schafer and married him for sixteen years. They lived in Palo City, with the city named being in Dawn and the We Love Kids Club. She divorced him and moved back to Stoneybrook because she always liked it and wanted to be closer to her parents, who still live there in Dawn and the Impossible Three.
She, along with her children, is a vegetarian in Dawn and the Impossible Three. She tried to convert Richard and Mary Anne into becoming vegetarian too but was unsuccessful in Dawn's Wicked Stepsister.
In Mary Anne and the Memory Garden she mentioned that she once had a friend named Jane Townsend. Jane had died when she was teenager. Sharon mentioned that she walked around like a zomibie for nearly a month after Jane died. She remembers her well and is always in her memory.
Sharon married Richard Spier in Mary Anne and the Great Romance. They don't want to have another baby but offer to give Dawn and Mary Anne another pet, but the girls say no thanks in Mary Anne + 2 Many Babies.
She always tells Jeff to write and has only received one letter in six months in Dawn's Family Feud. Sharon rarely gets angry, but when she does, her face turns bright red.
Sharon is very disorganized and will often leave things in strange spaces, like her keys in the breadbox. In Mary Anne and the Music Box Secret Mary Anne mentions that Sharon knows how to pull everything together when it comes to major projects. She keeps files and lists and notebooks full of names and numbers. When it really matters she is on the ball.
In Mary Anne and the Little Princess, Sharon volunteers with Meals on Wheels. She is friends with Regina, whom she volunteers with. It's also mentioned Sharon's kinesiologist says she should go off dairy products, but she's not sure why. Sharon isn't a good driver according to MA.
In Mary Anne to the Rescue Sharon saves a man's life keeping him from choking while waiting for Dawn at the airport.
Sharon was very upset in The Fire at Mary Anne's House when it happened and she cried a couple of times afterward. She mentioned that she lost a portrait of her great-great-grandfather who had come from Ireland. Some of the cook books she owned she had since college. She had thought she had lost her wedding ring but ended up finding it in the debris.
She doesn't get along with her boss, Marjorie, and struggles to impress her in The Fire at Mary Anne's House. This job is at a small accounting business.
In Mary Anne and the Music Box Secret Mary Anne says that Sharon works as a realtor.
- Rats and mice
- When waiters and waitresses sing happy birthday (in #30)
- Sharon is 42 years old in Mary Anne Saves the Day and turned 43 in Mary Anne and the Great Romance.
- She doesn't like cats but is getting used to Tigger in Mary Anne + 2 Many Babies.
- Mary Anne gave her a replica charm of Stoneybrook High ring for her birthday in Mary Anne and the Great Romance.
- In Mary Anne to the Rescue it's mentioned that one of her nieces once has a febrile seizure.
- In Stacey's Movie, Mary Anne says that she tries really hard to be a good step-mother to her.
- She never liked Cindy Sherwood back in high school mentioned in Dawn and the School Spirit War.
- Sharon visits her parents often according to Dawn in Dawn on the Coast.
- She makes meals once during the week and freezes them to make later in Kristy and the Snobs.
- Her lawyer is a woman which is mentioned in Little Miss Stoneybrook ...and Dawn.
- She misses Dawn a lot since Dawn returned to California in Mary Anne and the Silent Witness.
- She doesn't drink coffee in Dawn's Wicked Stepsister.
- She always tells take-out places not to pack the food in styrofoam and not to send plastic forks in Mary Anne and Camp BSC.