Stoneybrook Elementary School is the only public elementary school in Stoneybrook, Connecticut and part of the Stoneybrook Public School District. Students from the elementary school would go on to Stoneybrook Middle School and eventually Stoneybrook High School.
Most of the BSC charges attend the the elementary school. It is in a neighborhood close to many of the BSC member, it is mentioned that sometimes they take their charges to play on the playground. Kristy, Mary Anne, Claudia, and Mallory also attended Stoneybrook Elementary as children.
The school has a newspaper that Charlotte Johanssen describes in Graduation Day. She puts a copy in the time capsule. On page 1 are announcements and the schedule of after-school activities. Page 3 is field trips, Page 5 is news from the classes, and on the back page are lunch menus for June. On page 6 of the June edition is the essay Charlotte wrote about Stacey McGill.
It is not known which street it is on, but it is probably in the non-ritzy part of Stoneybrook because David Michael has to take a bus to school every morning when he moves into Watson's mansion in the ritzy area on McLelland Road.
The Barrett/DeWitt Family home is on Chestnut Drive, which is close enough to the school for the kids to walk to the playground. The school is around the corner from a barbershop. It is a short distance from Bradford Court and Slate Street. Kimball Street is somewhere between SES and Stoneybrook Middle School. The Pike Family walks from the school across Burnt Hill Road down to their street.
The school sponsors Pens Across America, a national pen pal program for second to fifth graders. The kids write to students at an elementary school on a Zuni reservation in New Mexico in Dawn and the Big Sleepover. There was a food and clothes drive to send to the Zuni reservation when the school and some homes caught fire. There was a lot of money raised.
In Claudia and the First Thanksgiving, just the third grade class puts on a play called Alice and the Pilgrims. It gets censored and then the kids are forced to put on a new version of their play.
Jake Kuhn's class made their own time capsule in Graduation Day. They had put in a lunch menu, a program from an assembly, school newspaper article, and some of the work they've done to show that they've been studying.
The day before Heritage Day, the school hosted an old fashioned picnic for the students and their parents on the grounds of the Stoneybrook Historical Society. On Heritage Day historical games and food and even dress up in historical clothes in Mary Anne and the Secret in the Attic, the actual event was hosted at the school.
The movie “Little Vampires” is filmed here in Kristy and the Vampires on their baseball field and in the gym.
Students at SES tried out for parts of the Stoneybrook Middle School production of Peter Pan in Starring the Baby-sitters Club!. They were used to play as the natives of Neverland and the Darling children (besides Wendy).
Play-by-Play is an after school club, where kids put on plays and learn all about theater. It's mentioned in Karen's Big Fight. They put on Winnie-the-Pooh in Karen's Big Fight. David Michael Thomas played Piglet in the production. After Heather, the girl playing Pooh, had to drop out of the play. David Michael got her part. The next production is going to be The Wind in the Willows.
In Graduation Day, Charlotte Johanssen lists homework help, arts and crafts, music appreciation, softball, creative writing or something special like Puppetry as after school activities.
Also see: Kids-Can-Do-Anything Club
Staff and Administration
- Ms. Reynolds (principal)
- Ms. Stotler (principal - M#11)
- Mrs. Swallow - librarian (SS#11)
- Mrs. Randolph (nurse)
- Mr. Peterson (janitor)
- Ms. Handy (janitor)
- Mr. Bowman (mentioned in #6)
- Mr. Rossi (#27)
Mr. Barnes is likely the same Mr. Barnes that Mallory Pike had, since he's the teacher Mallory had two years prior. However, it's still unknown.
- Ms. Casey (Graduation Day)
- Ms. Dreeben (Graduation Day)
- Mr. Barnes (Graduation Day)
- Ms. Simon
- Mr. Katz
- Mr. Selden (#44)
BSC's Old Teachers
It is unknown if the teachers that the BSC had when they were young, are still teachers at the school.
- Mr. Eccles (Claudia's second-grade teacher)
- Mrs. Jeffries (Mary Anne's second grade teacher)
- Mr. Barnes (Mal's fourth grade teacher)
- Ms. Ellison (Mary Anne's fourth grade teacher)
- Mrs. Jameson (Claudia and Kristy's fourth grade teacher)
- Miss Packet (Claudia, Mary Anne, and Kristy's first grade art teacher)
- Mrs. Frederickson (Mary Anne, Kristy, and Claudia's first grade teacher)
- Mrs. Kushel (Claudia, Kristy, and Mary Anne's kindergarten teacher)
- Mrs. Colquiet (Claudia's third grade teacher)
- Ms. McCarthy (Mal's third grade teacher)
- Carolyn Arnold
- Marilyn Arnold
- Sandra Lazar
- Margo Pike
- Jackie Rodowsky
- David Michael Thomas
- Adrienne Garvey (#22)
- Robert Amato (FF#10)
- Blair D'Angelo (#41)
- Buddy Barrett
- Nicky Pike
- Becca Ramsey
- Betsy Sobak
- Jake Kuhn
- Derek Masters
- Clarence Morris
- Bruce Cominsky
- Susie Albion (#91)
- Diane Dumschat (#65)
- Steve (#5)
- Tyson (#91)
- Ashley Vaughn (#5)
- Ricky (#27)
- Amy (#27)
- Tommy (#27)
- Justin (#19)
- Cici (#19)
- Joey (#19)
- Hilary (#19)
- Ellie Morris (#3)
- Haley Braddock
- Kerry Bruno
- Vanessa Pike
- Danielle Roberts
- Charlotte Johanssen
- Valerie Namm (#44)
- Tiffany Spencer (M#24)
- Shea Rodowsky
- Joseph Nicholas (#49)
- Sophie McCann (#10)
- Adam Pike
- Byron Pike
- Jordan Pike
- Jeff Schafer
- Simon Beal (#12)
- Jerry Haney
- Lynn Perone
- Michael Hoffmeister (#39)
- Nicole Ficaro (#49)
- Caryn Hatt (M#27)
- Kristy's Krushers practice here on Tuesdays and Saturdays as of Kristy and the Walking Disaster.
- Margo Pike's class has a pet chinchilla named Graybaby and they had a spelling contest over who would take him home from the summer in Stacey's Problem.
- There are woods behind the school with a little clearing
- The playground has a slide, jungle gym, and picnic tables.
- Some of the hot lunches include: ice cream, corn, apple crisp, and pizza burgers.
- Charlotte Johanssen mentions some events of her letter in Graduation Day such as field trips:
- Mr. Barnes's class took a field trip to the bakery in Stamford. (Everyone got a free donut to eat on the bus going home.)
- Ms. Casey’s class took a trip to the aquarium
- Ms. Dreeben’s class took a trip to the Animal Rescue Foundation.
- There are three third grade classes in Claudia and the First Thanksgiving.
- The science fair was set up in an all purpose room in the school mentioned by Jessi in Jessi's Baby-sitter.
- Jackie's class has a pet bunny that he wanted to care for in Jessi Ramsey, Pet-sitter.
- Ricky, Tommy, Amy, and Betsy are in Derek Masters and Nicky Pike's classes in Jessi and the Superbrat. It's unknown if this Betsy is Betsy Sobak.
- Betsy Sobak mentions a Justin, Cici, Joey, and Hilary that she played pranks on in Claudia and the Bad Joke.
- David Michael's class gets a computer in Karen's School Surprise. Now every classroom in the school has at least one.