Tabitha Porter is an older woman who lives next door to the Brewer/Thomas Family on McLelland Road. Karen was convinced by some older neighborhood children that she really is a witch named Morbidda Destiny.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
In Kristy's Great Idea, Mary Anne notes that Mrs. Porter is wearing a black dress. She has gray and frazzled hair, a wart on the end of her nose, smells funny according to Karen, and often wears shawls.
Biography[edit | edit source]
In Kristy and the Dirty Diapers her granddaughter, Druscilla Porter, mentions that she used to live in Brooklyn, New York City. She raised her daughter there since she was born. It is unknown what happened to her husband.
Mrs. Porter lives alone in an old run down Victorian house. She believes children and pets are nuisances; however, she does own a black cat named Midnight and has a granddaughter, Druscilla. In Karen's Magician Tabitha tells Karen that her brother is a traveling "magician" that goes by Mr. Wizard.
In Karen's Haunted House she starts a 'Save the Bats' campaign when the old Powell house was decorated to be a haunted house.
In the graphic novels[edit | edit source]
Mrs. Porter's first physical appearance was in Kristy's Great Idea where she put a "spell" on Boo-Boo. She also appeared in Kristy's Big Day, when she came to give a gift to the bride and groom. Also, the only story that Karen makes about her was in Claudia and Mean Janine, where Karen told kids at the playgroup, including Jenny, that Andrew was going to turn into a monster at 10:00 AM.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Chases Boo-Boo out of her garden with a rake in Kristy's Great Idea
- Gives Karen a new goldfish out of her fishpond after her first fish dies
- Works in her herb garden on the weekends
- Is a member of the Stoneybrook Gardeners Club
- In Karen's Witch she hosts a meeting of the Gardeners club. Karen's grandmother Packett (her mother's mother) is there.
- In Kristy and the Dirty Diapers, she calls shopping marketing.
- Druscilla said that she looked like Barney when she was pregnant with her mom. It's also mentioned that her daughter went to college in Kristy and the Dirty Diapers.
Media Portrayals[edit | edit source]
She is played by actress Karin Konoval. She is in three of the ten episodes. In The Baby-Sitters Club (web series) she is renamed Esme for the TV series over Tabitha, and is Latina.