Watson is a 37 year old man that wears glasses. He is mostly bald.
His first wife was Lisa Engle. Sometime after they divorced, he married Elizabeth Thomas-Brewer in Kristy's Big Day. They adopted a 2 year old girl named Emily Michelle Brewer. Karen and Andrew live with him almost all year, apart from holidays.
Before he met Lisa when he lived by himself, Watson brought Boo-Boo the cat home from an animal shelter. He grew up in the mansion he lives in the series.
In Kristy and Mr. Mom, he had a heart attack and turned over his job to his vice president so he could take care of the kids. He later goes back to work. He has to exercise and start a healthy-heart diet, and cut out stress.
Watson is very sweet and kind. He is very friendly and cares about his children. He called Kristy his daughter. He is good at running and organizing things. In Kristy and Mr. Mom Kristy notes that he doesn't give up easily.
In Stacey and the Fashion Victim he smokes cigars. He doesn't smoke that often and isn't allowed to do it inside. He participated in the Stoneybrook Smokeout, organized by the BSC. Watson dressed up in his best clothes and buried his cigars in the backyard as if it was a funeral.
In Kristy at Bat it is shown that he is a fan of Bill Bain, who was his favorite baseball player since he was a kid. Watson signed himself and Kristy up for Bill Bain's Dream Camp in Delaware. While at the camp he was down about meeting his hero but came to have fun. Later Bill apologizes and during the last inning, he high fives Watson and gets his memorabilia signed.
He volunteered to rend carnival rides and hire the people who operate the rides in Welcome to the BSC, Abby. Charlie, Sam, and Kristy will be selling tickets for the rides helping him out.
Watson creates a scholarship for Madame Noelle's dance school the Stamford Ballet School. The scholarship was offered to two students, Martha Roberts and Devon Ramirez in Jessi and the Awful Secret. The scholarship, named after him and Elizabeth, was called The Watson and Elizabeth Brewer Scholarship.
Watson is CEO of Unity Insurance which has its main offices in Stamford. It is multi-national with over 600 employees.
After his heart attack in Kristy and Mr. Mom he works three hours a day. He spends the rest of the time with his family. He is his own boss at work, so he can create his own hours. His vice president handles day to day tasks and he handles anything bigger.
- His great aunt, Josephine Adelaide Brewer, was a socialite, famous for her lavish parties. Every Independence Day she would invite half the town of West Dudley Massachusetts to her house including the Mayor in Karen's Field Day.
- He had a distant cousin named Louisa that left him an heirloom pin in Karen's Big Sister.
- His grandmother, Ida Brewer, traveled when she was young and took a grand tour of Europe for three years. She was an expert skier and met her husband, Bill, in Vermont where he was a student of hers mentioned in Karen's Field Day.
- His aunt Carol won a prize at the Ohio State Fair and took first place for the biggest pumpkin in 1966 in Karen's Field Day.
- Family legend said that his mother's great grandparents was a Cherokee woman in Karen's Field Day.
- He has a deceased uncle Moe mentioned in Kristy at Bat.
- His parents are still alive in Welcome Back, Stacey!.
- He has an aunt Faith that owns a cabin in Shadow Lake. She leaves it behind for him in Baby-sitters at Shadow Lake. She's married to Pierson.
- Kristy did not like him at first in Kristy's Great Idea.
- Says "resume yourself" instead of sit down in Baby-sitters' Island Adventure.
- When the Stone family's barn burned down in Karen's Sleigh Ride, he donated the remaining money needed so they could rebuild.
- He uses Connecticut Bell as their phone provider in Karen's Telephone Trouble.
- Watson and Lisa's lawyers are John Sachs and Peter in Karen's Two Families.
- He offered the Spier/Schafer Family a place to stay after the fire in The Fire at Mary Anne's House.
- In Kristy's Big News, Charlie mentions that he is helping him pay for college.
- He's a member of Cost-Club in Get Well Soon, Mallory!.
- His advice is usually "do your best" in Kristy and the Walking Disaster.
- He has a collection of Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment in Dawn and the Big Sleepover that was nearly donated to a sale.
- Watson was the room parent for Karen's trip to the zoo in Karen's School Trip.
- He keeps Karen's baby book in his office in Karen's Book.
- He has a red sports car and a car phone in Kristy and Mr. Mom.
- He plays tennis in Karen's Two Families.
Watson is played by Bruce Davison.
Actor Mark Feuerstein plays him in this series. He is 9 of the 10 episodes in this series. While in the books he is balding, in this show he still has all his hair. He also doesn't wear glasses.