Watson is a 37 year old man that wears glasses. He is mostly bald.
His first wife was Lisa Engle. Sometime after they divorced, he married Elizabeth Thomas-Brewer in Kristy's Big Day. They adopted a 2 year old girl named Emily Michelle Brewer. Karen and Andrew live with him almost all year, apart from holidays.
Before he met Lisa when he lived by himself, Watson brought Boo-Boo the cat home from an animal shelter.
In Kristy and Mr. Mom, he had a heart attack and turned over his job to his vice president so he could take care of the kids. He later goes back to work. He has to exercise and start a healthy-heart diet, and cut out stress.
Watson is very sweet and kind. He is very friendly and cares about his children. He called Kristy his daughter. He is good at running and organizing things.
In Stacey and the Fashion Victim he smokes cigars. He doesn't smoke that often and isn't allowed to do it inside. He participated in the Stoneybrook Smokeout, organized by the BSC. Watson dressed up in his best clothes and buried his cigars in the backyard as if it was a funeral.
In Kristy at Bat it is shown that he is a fan of Bill Bain. He was his favorite baseball player since he was a kid. Watson signed him and Kristy up for Bill Bain's Baseball Dream Camp in Delaware. While at the camp he was down about meeting his hero but came to have fun. Later when Bill apologizes and during the last inning, he high fives Watson and gets her memorabilia signed.
Watson is CEO of Unity Insurance which has its main offices in Stamford. He will work three hours a day and spend the rest of the time with his family. He is his own boss at work, so he can create his own hours.
- His great aunt Josephine was a socialite, famous for her lavish parties. Every Independence Day she would invite half the town of West Dudley Massachusetts to her house including the Mayor.
- He had a distant cousin named Louisa that left him an heirloom pin.
- His grandmother, Ida Brewer, traveled when she was young and took a grand tour of Europe for three years. She was an expert skier and met her husband in Vermont where he was a student of hers.
- His aunt Carol, she was a prize at the Ohio State fair and took place for the biggest pumpkin in 1966.
- Family legend said that his mother's great grandparents was a Cherokee woman.
- Tom Fielding
- Estate sales
- Bill Bain
- Doesn't like to admit defeat
- Bill Bain
- Kristy did not like him at first
- Says "resume yourself" instead of sit down.
- Makes a scholarship contribution of two full scholarship every year to the Stamford Ballet School for less privileged students called the Watson and Elizabeth Brewer Dance Scholarships.
- When the Stone family's barn burned down in Karen's Sleigh Ride, he donated the remaining money needed so they could rebuild.
- He uses Connecticut Bell as their phone provider.
- Watson and Lisa's lawyers are John Sachs and Peter in Karen's Two Families.
- He offered the Spier/Schafer Family a place to stay after the fire in The Fire at Mary Anne's House.
Watson is played by Bruce Davison.
Actor Mark Feuerstein plays him in this series. He is 9 of the 10 episodes in this series. While in the books he is balding, but in this show he still has all his hair. He also doesn't wear glasses.